The Hits are Here!

We are pleased to announce a stunning new collection of contemporary pop hits arranged by Faber & Faber. Students in Levels 3A and above will enjoy a variety of  current blockbusters and Grammy winners as performed by pop artists such as Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Adele, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift and more. Great new songs for spring recitals, talent shows and summer fun! Take a closer look at pianoadventures.com/hits.

15 Responses to “The Hits are Here!”

1. Becky Somsel March 27, 2018 at 8:58 am #

Finally! You’ve made me a happy piano teacher. Each January, I pick a “classical” piece and “fun” piece for each of my students for our May recital. For some of them, I struggle with what I can find for popular music that works for the students’ abilities. Can’t wait to get them!!

2. RC March 27, 2018 at 11:41 am #

2018, 11 songs, zero songs by a person of color. Faber, you can do better.

• Betsy Henrichs March 28, 2018 at 10:21 am #

Hi RC — “Lost Boy” on page 15 of FunTime Hits was composed and performed by Ruth Berhe (better known as Ruth B.), a Canadian singer-songwriter of color. You’ll note that many of the songs in both FunTime and BigTime Hits have multiple composers, representing a wide spectrum of national and international origins. For example, Bruno Mars, whose work appears in BigTime Hits, is of Puerto Rican and Filipino descent. There is equal representation of female and male composers, an important distinction since female composers have traditionally been under-represented in classical and other genres throughout music history.

3. Sandra Hoffman March 27, 2018 at 1:14 pm #

This is awesome! I will definitely order for my students.

4. Margreet de Vries March 27, 2018 at 1:57 pm #

Great selection of songs! Can,t wait to see them. When will the books be available in Europe?

5. Carol Resler March 27, 2018 at 3:22 pm #

I am excited and will order immediately. You are my favorite of ALL the methods out there. I would love to see more Broadway.

6. ILJ March 28, 2018 at 9:21 am #

RC is right. Jazz? John Ledgen? Hamilton? Broadway? We do appreciate what you’re providing but let’s see more of a mix. Many options. Just giving you a couple.

• Betsy Henrichs March 28, 2018 at 10:36 am #

Hi ILJ — There are many factors to consider in music publishing. Our first consideration is our mission as an educational publisher. We are careful to select songs with appropriate lyrics and the right pianistic qualities for young students. We have a lot of jazz in our catalog, a wonderful collection called “PreTime to BigTime Jazz & Blues.” We also have a lot of Broadway songs interspersed throughout the “PreTime to BigTime” series. You may be pleasantly surprised by the depth and breadth of our song collection, which you can view here in our online catalog: http://www.calameo.com/read/0006210073fa41de2c482

• Jon Ophoff March 29, 2018 at 11:30 am #

Thanks for the requests, ILJ! Don’t miss John Legend’s “All of Me” on page 32 of BigTime Hits. Also see the PreTime to BigTime Popular books for select classic Broadway songs.

7. Liz Gethings March 30, 2018 at 2:46 am #

When will they be available in the UK?

8. Sandra April 7, 2018 at 9:40 am #

Hope to see it on the App soon ^^

9. Ingrid April 16, 2018 at 1:03 am #

This is fantastic! Thank you!! My students will love it!

10. Kathy May 2, 2018 at 9:36 pm #

My students will be delighted with these new books. Please give us more music like this. They want to play the pop songs! Thank you so much.