Holiday Greetings from Faber & Faber

Once again we arrive at this special time of year. We send to you and your students our warmest holiday wishes! Let’s imagine we are all chatting around the table drinking hot cocoa: What kind of fun things do you and your students do this month? Do you have a favorite holiday song to teach? A musical memory of the season to share?

Our gift to you this season is a brand new setting of “O Christmas Tree” arranged by Nancy and Randall Faber. Download the free PDF and enjoy with your advancing students. There’s a hidden countermelody in the B section. Can you name that tune?

44 Responses to “Holiday Greetings from Faber & Faber”

1. Dorothy L Kirkpatrick December 12, 2019 at 12:19 pm #

What a wonderful Christmas gift. Thank you so much for this beautiful arrangement of O Christmas Tree.

• Hannah December 12, 2019 at 1:13 pm #

Merry, merry Christmas! Thank you for sharing your music with us. 💕

• Melanie December 13, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

Thank you very much for this Pdf. Greetings from México.

• Tatiana de Fidler December 13, 2019 at 8:01 pm #

Lovely card with Christmas song – Thank U
      Tatiana

2. Dr. Christine Armstrong December 12, 2019 at 12:22 pm #

Dear Randy,

Thank you for sharing your clever Christmas arrangement!!

PS
    We enjoy your tutorials throughout the year …
    The blog categories are useful and pedagogically relevant.

3. Jennifer Foxx December 12, 2019 at 12:28 pm #

Thank you! Merry Christmas to you! Love the countermelody… 😉

4. Sharon Halverson December 12, 2019 at 12:29 pm #

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

5. Wheat Williams December 12, 2019 at 12:31 pm #

Thanks for this lovely arrangement of a traditional German carol.

6. Nina Belle Wilson Durr December 12, 2019 at 12:39 pm #

Thank you for this and all the other music I use to teach my students! Merry Christmas!!

7. Valerie Evensen December 12, 2019 at 12:42 pm #

Thanks so much. I can’t wait to share this with my students!

8. Carol Carlton December 12, 2019 at 12:52 pm #

Thank you! I will share this with my students and I know that one will like it – the youngest one with tons of enthusiasm.

9. debby mcdonald December 12, 2019 at 12:53 pm #

Enjoyed the arrangement very much, Merry Christmas

10. Kathy Holmes December 12, 2019 at 1:03 pm #

That was lovely! Thank you so much for the beautiful rendition “O Christmas Tree” and a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and all the staff at FJH!

11. Marci Pittman December 12, 2019 at 1:07 pm #

Thank you and Merry Christmas! I really like this lovely arrangement!

12. Joanne Gorney December 12, 2019 at 1:12 pm #

I love this! O Christmas Tree with Silent Night…. beautiful! Merry Christmas!

13. Rosemary Koemmpel December 12, 2019 at 1:22 pm #

Thanks for that nice arrangement! My students really enjoy your piano books!
    One of my favorite Christmas memories was going to the once-a-month group lesson at my piano teacher’s house, and listening to her telling the story of Amahl and the Night Visitors – she did this every December. As we listened, we watched the color wheel that was shining on her silver fake tree, changing it from green to blue, to red . . . very 60s, for sure! A happy musical memory.

My students are too busy in December to try to schedule a group lesson, but I often show them the YouTube video “Hallelujah Chorus – Quinhagak Alaska” and tell them about the month that I spent in Alaska teaching music at rural village schools. I did this with my former piano teacher, after I had gotten a credential myself. We had a marvelous time.

14. Pamela Henley December 12, 2019 at 1:23 pm #

To: Randy, Nancy and Staff,
    Thanks for all the wonderful Christmas carols, my students adore playing your arrangements! Our Best in 2020!!

15. Pamela Huang December 12, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

Thank you for the wonderful gift! My students and I will enjoy it. Merry Christmas!!

16. Carol Angus December 12, 2019 at 1:50 pm #

Thank you for a fresh take on a favorite carol of the season. Happy Holidays to you all.

17. Shelagh Scott December 12, 2019 at 2:18 pm #

What a lovely surprise in my emails today. Thank you for the arrangement of O Christmas Tree, and thank you also for the valuable blog posts. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

18. Linda Gould December 12, 2019 at 2:36 pm #

Oops… Countermelody is Silent Night (sheesh!) Slow down (Linda), you move to fast 🙂 Just tried your music on the piano. Love the open 4ths!

19. rebecca chow December 12, 2019 at 2:40 pm #

Thank you !

20. Linda Gould December 12, 2019 at 2:40 pm #

I think my original email got lost (the one where I said the countermelody is Oh Christmas Tree). My oops email looks a bit pompous all by itself. The sheesh was for me :-).
    I teach adult students and my Christmas tradition is to have a holiday party at my house and the students play background music while everyone mingles. Everyone loves the low-key atmosphere and they all play multiple songs. Happy Holidays!

21. Mark Romig December 12, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

Loved your gift! Thank you for all the great music that I can use to encourage my students to be a music maker. The gift of music is the best gift.

22. Sheila Jones December 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm #

Thank you! Have a Happy Holiday!

23. Carol Wazlavek December 12, 2019 at 3:27 pm #

Nice arrangement – as usual! Love your books, although my students are skeptical every time we turn a page and I exclaim “Oh, this one is my favorite!!”…so many of them ARE my favorites!

Perhaps that Lonely Pine turned into a Christmas tree this year…

24. Joanne Smith December 12, 2019 at 3:33 pm #

Beautiful, THANK YOU!!!

25. Anne Kimball December 12, 2019 at 3:46 pm #

Thank You! I am enjoying using your Piano Adventures piano books with my students this year.

26. Christine Morrow December 12, 2019 at 4:26 pm #

Thank you for the free arrangement and for all of your wonderful resources throughout the year! Merry Christmas!

27. Kelly Parker December 12, 2019 at 4:30 pm #

Brilliant performance and congratulations on your sparkling arrangement! Thank you for sharing it with us. I am thankful for ALL the high-quality and highly-musical teaching resources you make available to us. I really enjoy the duets (as do my students) and just love MFPA. I can’t wait to explore your preschool curriculum when it prints. <3

28. Crista Simmons December 12, 2019 at 9:29 pm #

Thank you for all yor do fot us and our students. God bless you and Merry Christmas,

29. Susan J. December 12, 2019 at 9:33 pm #

Thank you so much! LOVE this arrangement and everything you do with your music/tutorials etc to benefit our students and us as their teachers. Very generous and gifted both of you!
    God bless you both this holiday season.
    Susan

30. Charmaine D'Souza December 12, 2019 at 9:41 pm #

Thank you so much! God bless. Have a beautiful Christmas Season.

31. Steve Behrens December 13, 2019 at 8:21 am #

Dear Randy and Nancy,
    You two are such a brilliant team & couple and have contributed so much musical wisdom and creativity to the entire piano world. You have inspired us, enriched us and made us all better.
    Thank you for your never-ending dedication and commitment.
    With deep respect, admiration and gratitude.
    Steve Behrens

32. Valerie Letenyei December 13, 2019 at 8:55 am #

Thank you! I use all of your books with all of my students and appreciate your dedication to excellence! May you and yours enjoy a wonderful and blessed holiday season!

• Kari Tieger December 13, 2019 at 9:44 am #

Thank you for the lovely arrangement. I have used your wonderful series successfully with hundreds of students for many years. I love how you intuitively understand age appropriately what will motivate. The theory books are popular as well (especially the early books, where there’s a strong element of fun). Fun fact: my son has just begun using the Piano Adventures series for HIS students, which makes you multi-generational!! Happy Holidays to you and your family! 🙂

33. Diane Osborne December 13, 2019 at 12:36 pm #

Very nice! Thank you so much! My students really enjoy your music books! Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season to you and yours.

34. Debbie December 13, 2019 at 2:41 pm #

Thank you! And thank you for your wonderful Piano Adventures series! Merry Christmas to you!

35. Dorifel Acoba December 14, 2019 at 12:24 am #

Thank you for this wonderful arrangement. I love it!

36. Carol Wintersteen December 15, 2019 at 11:24 am #

Thank you for this lovely arrangement. Thank you for all you do to bring wonderful musical experiences to us all….both teacher and student.

37. Judith Heltman December 15, 2019 at 1:37 pm #

Thank you for the Holiday greeting and beautiful arrangement of O Christmas Tree. My students will enjoy playing this new arrangement and all the students loved playing O Christmas Tree from Funtime Christmas Book. This new arrangement will be a Holiday treat.
    Thank you also for the excellent Faber Piano Adventures level books, blog, and especially for Technique and Artistry selections. Snowball scales was a great technique for my students to reinforce counting beats.
    Happy Holidays!

38. Elsie Barba December 15, 2019 at 9:42 pm #

Dear Nancy and Randall,

Thank you for the beautiful composition of O Christmas Tree

It is greatly appreciated. And so are all the great works you give us.

Musically Yours,
    Elsie Barba

39. Margaret Canfield January 8, 2020 at 2:32 pm #

Thank you for this gift and your many other “gifts” to piano teachers…….the time you take to tell and show. It is very appreciated.
    God bless you both!

40. Lea Tsui January 17, 2020 at 8:38 pm #

Thank you so much for this special arrangement you are presenting to us! We are grateful that you use your God-given gifts to enrich the lives of so many of us, teachers, students and all who hear your music performed.
    Blessings!