The Adventure of Music-Making

Whether you’re a pro, aspiring artist, or novice, making music is an Adventure. Let creativity of the human spirit and learnings from neuroscience work in your favor. If you believe in music and your power to express, watch this delightful session with Randall Faber, PhD, Steinway Artist, 2019 recipient of the Roland Lifetime Achievement Award in Education, and co-author of the acclaimed Piano Adventures® method.

Originally broadcast during NAMM Believe in Music Week, The Adventure of Music-Making is sure to inspire and enlighten your own self-awareness as an artist, educator, and performer.

All events from NAMM’s Believe In Music Week are available on-demand through February 28 at NAMM.org

6 Responses to “The Adventure of Music-Making”

1. Jamie T. February 15, 2021 at 1:09 pm #

Wow, this is just the uplifting and stimulating talk I needed today! Thanks for making this available, Dr. Faber.

2. Janet February 15, 2021 at 1:40 pm #

Thank you for sharing your passion and sharing these tips.

3. Luz-Marina February 15, 2021 at 1:59 pm #

So delightful to watch and to enjoy your presentation. When music comes from your deepest soul, the creativity shines by itself.
    Very inspiring! Thank you Dr Faber for sharing.

4. Julia February 15, 2021 at 3:56 pm #

Thank you so much! This discussion was very helpful in understanding the activities of the left and right brain in music playing and creation. Very inspiring and encouraging!

5. Sandee Stenzel February 19, 2021 at 11:26 am #

Thank you for the presentation of Music Making

I am currently teaching an adult student who has been using the Adult Method, Book 2 in Lessons and the Popular issue. He is ready for a level 3 in both categories which you have not created. He is at this point not interested in “classical” music. have you considered writing Level 3?

I use your regular Student Level Lesson, Theory, etc. for my students – I have from the the beginning of your introduction of your Lesson series. Thank you for such wonderful pieces and teaching of the elements of music.

6. Sally Irwin February 20, 2021 at 10:59 am #

I love listening to you and gathering your useful information . The Beethoven series was wonderful, however I only viewed the first three and now can’t get the 4th,5th and 6th. Please help me. Thank you.